Monday, 10 April 2017

Adventure Starters

If the title is not enough to give it away, I've decided that I'm going to pursue my Adventure Starters goal.

One thing I have thought about is getting some support, either something like an editor to keep the pressure on me, or at least ask me how I am getting on occasionally, or some people to split the work out amongst.

So what exactly are Adventure Starters?

Basically, random tables. To be more precise, genre-based, but setting specific tables. The idea is that when you want to run a game you pick up, open, or print out an Adventure Starter and it includes all the random tables you need, hopefully not just for an adventure but a whole campaign.

Each Adventure Starter is based on a particular setting in a certain genre. So Nexus City in the street level superhero setting, with the people and places that make that particular setting unique.

There will be an element of generic locations and people, but the specific answers will give the overall flavour of the setting and make it more than just another set of random tables.

They won't include any game system details or any form of GM emulator, these are things you provide yourself as tastes differ so widely.

I have a number of genres I would like to produce, but I would like to get someone, or some people, onboard and then we can make a decision from there.

So if this sounds like something you would like to help with please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment